Episode 13: Bish’s favorite song of 2016
January 25, 2017
- Parquet Courts “Human Performance” (short clip)
- Burial “Young Death” (short clip)
- Orwells “Who Put the Body in the Bayou” (short clip)
- The Meatbodies “Creature Feature” (short clip)
- Car Seat Headrest “Drunk Drivers/Killer Whales” Teens of Denial (Matador) 2016.
…we’d either just finished a 3pm meal in a Shoney’s in the two-lane hinterlands between Carrboro and Norfolk or were filling our tanks at a Slip-In near Adams Grove: fumbling his pocket for a loose change, Bish stuck a quarter-dollar piece into the slot and cranked the crank. Eyes were closed, straws poised then opened on the hand unfolded. The patrons seemed to suck in breathing for that half second waiting for the reaction: glee or gloom. “IT’S THE FUCKING SAINTS” roared Mr. B, stunning all for a half-beat. He hurled the plastic offender to the linoleum and with reflexes that would impress the quickest teen ducking out the back door when someone shouts “COPS!” and a beer bong bash, crushed the helmet to shards, turned heel and exited…