Episode 826: Follow-up Albums – Fleetwood Mac, Prince, Peter Gabriel, Beastie Boys, Bruce Springsteen
April 1, 2020
- Bruce Springsteen “Tunnel of Love” Tunnel of Love (Columbia) 1987
- Fleetwood Mac “Sara” Tusk (Warner Bros.) 1979
- The Clash “Washington Bullets” Sandinista! (CBS, Epic) 1980
- Beastie Boys “Egg Man” Paul’s Boutique (Capitol) 1989
- Prince “Paisley Park” Around the World in a Day (Warner Records) 1985
- Pink Floyd “The Final Cut” The Final Cut (Harvest, Columbia) 1983
- Pearl Jam “Daughter” Vs. (Epic) 1993
- Peter Gabriel “Washing Of The Water” Us (Real World) 1992
- Peter Gabriel “Song” Us (Real World) 1992
As we head into a new month, we keep the patron appreciation going. Mike Wagner gets to pick today’s topic.
After an artist releases a hit record, the pressure to meet or exceed expectations on a follow-up album increases. We talk about some albums that followed hit records, featuring works by Springsteen, Fleetwood Mac, Prince, Beastie Boys and Peter Gabriel.
Be like Mike and become a Rockin’ the Suburbs patron – support the show and get bonus content – at Patreon.com/suburbspod!
Where credit is due: Thumbnail photo of Fleetwood Mac before the Rumors tour courtesy of Mick Fleetwood.
For your viewing pleasure…
Got a comment on the show or want to weigh in on a topic we discussed? Did we leave something out? Get something wrong? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If none of those work, try this: