February 1, 2021
- The Crystals “He’s Sure the Boy I Love” He’s a Rebel (Philles) 1963
- The Ronettes “Be My Baby” Presenting the Fabulous Ronettes Featuring Veronica (Philles) 1964
- George Harrison “Wah-Wah” All Things Must Pass (Apple) 1970
- Ramones “Do You Remember Rock ‘n’ Roll Radio?” End of the Century (Sire) 1980
- Ike & Tina Turner “River Deep – Mountain High” River Deep – Mountain High (A&M) 1969
Record producer Phil Spector, who had been serving a prison sentence for murder, passed away on January 16th at the age of 81.
While Spector was a troubled individual, the massive impact that he had on the music industry cannot be ignored. Jim and Patrick discuss Spector’s ‘Wall of Sound’; a music production method aimed at developing a dense orchestral tone that sounded incredible through radios and jukeboxes.
Listeners also chime-in with their thoughts on Spector’s legendary producing techniques.
Where credit is due: Thumbnail photo of Phil Spector by Robert W. Young for KRLA Beat, Beat Publications.
For your viewing pleasure…
Got a comment on the show or want to weigh in on a topic we discussed? Did we leave something out? Get something wrong? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If none of those work, try this: