September 20, 2021
- The Congos “Children Crying” Heart of the Congos (Black Art) 1977
- Lee Perry & The Dynamites “Roast Duck” Roast Duck / Hand To Hand (C And N Records) 1965
- Bob Marley “Mr. Brown” Who Is Mr. Brown (Upsetter) 1971
- Lee Perry “Roast Fish & Cornbread” Roast Fish Collie Weed & Corn Bread (Upsetter) 1978
- Max Romeo & The Upsetters “Chase The Devil” War Ina Babylon (Upsetter) 1976
- The Upsetters “Super Ape” Super Ape (Island, Upsetter) 1976
- The Upsetters “Return of Django” Return of Django (Trojan, Sunspot) 1969
Today, we remember the great Lee “Scratch” Perry. The king of dubbing and a remixing pioneer, Perry was known for his creative use of effects to bring legendary reggae tracks to life. His influence extended beyond the genre, and can be found in much of the music consumed today. Rest in power.
Bug Verge and Mike Snider join us for today’s episode.
For your viewing pleasure…
Got a comment on the show or want to weigh in on a topic we discussed? Did we leave something out? Get something wrong? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If none of those work, try this: