Episode 462: Tom Petty Promoter, Part 1
October 29, 2018
- Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers “Anything That’s Rock ‘N’ Roll” Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers (Shelter) 1976
- Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers “Depot Street” Through the Cracks (Reprise Records) 2015
- John Mellencamp “American Dream” Chestnut Street Incident (MCA Records) 1976
- John Mellencamp “Chestnut Street Revisited” Chestnut Street Incident (MCA Records) 1976
- Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers “Breakdown” Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers (Shelter) 1976
Where credit is due: Thumbnail image by ABC/Shelter Records.
Over a year ago, the world lost beloved musician Tom Petty. In an exclusive two-part interview, Jim and Patrick sat down with the record promoter who played a role in bringing Petty into the limelight, Jon Scott.
In part one, Jon talks about getting into the record industry and a lesson he learned while promoting a John Mellencamp album.
Learn about Jon Scott’s book, “Tom Petty and Me,” at tompettyandme.com
Thanks to Craig Rosen for setting up the interview.
Got a comment on the show or want to weigh in on a topic we discussed? Did we leave something out? Get something wrong? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If none of those work, try this: