September 11, 2017
- The Smiths “Ask” Rank (Sire Records) 1988
- John Denver “Thank God I’m A Country Boy” Back Home Again (RCA Records) 1974
- The Smiths “This Charming Man” The Smiths (Rough Trade Records) 1984
- John Peel “This Charming Man” Hatful of Hollow (Rough Trade Records) 1984
- Neil Young “Winterlong” Decade (Warner Bros.) 1977
- Pixies “Winterlong” 2004-04-22: Commodore Ballroom, Vancouver, BC, Canada (N/A) 2004
Ittt’ssss baaaccckkkk! Perfect Pop returns with guests Bud Verge, Bob Popik (a super-rad stadium disk jockey) and Matt Sebastian of the website Slicing Up Eyeballs. Bob and Matt make their picks for today’s episode.
FUN FACT: Neil Young’s first instrument ever was a plastic ukulele that he received during Christmas of 1958 at the age of 13.
Got a comment on the show or want to weigh in on a topic we discussed? Did we leave something out? Get something wrong? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on the Twitter or the Facebook or better yet, leave a message on the Suburban Party Line at 612-440-1984
If none of those work, try this: